Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Breaking a hiatus!


This is a draft illustration for a children's book originally done for Penguin publishers. Penguin rejected this as the writer feels it to be too gothic for a children's book. Point taken and discarded immediately..... not doing anything for Penguin ever..... they need many more years to think out of the box! And personally I feel writers should stick to writing; or I do have a feeling upon reading the book that it's not so child like as the writer thinks it to be! But I would refrain from making such stupid comments... I would stick to art.

6 comments:

GoGo said...

Bastards! Sorry it didn't accepted. Glad to see something new to see on your page.

~GoGo

Abhilash.N said...

Amazing stuffs......!!
Very inspiring....thanks.

prosenjit ganguly said...

beautiful. just bought one of your illustrated books for my 1yr old Ishaan. He loves it! great going!

My Unfinished Life said...

i like the illustration very much ..its really nice and different......but personally i would have preferred a blue tinge instead of sepia.....

fhorganbiscaia said...

it´s beautiful!

the snake said...

beautifully gothic..i love it..reminds me of some of the Sandman illustrations